The box now resizes and the spacing is a lot better. Now just to add a lot more scenarios, link them to the gameplay sections and refined/add the affects to your stats. I'm nearly there! Work continues...
I am currently working on refining all of the existing elements of my game so that it is ready for playtesting. This involves a number of small fixes and refinements to aspects of the game that I have already implemented.
First thing was to fix the Crew Selection screen. I needed to limit the user input and ensure that the controls (gamepad) worked as required. This is complete. I may further refine the presentation of these screens, but at this stage it is functioning without a hitch.
As well as developing a lot more text scenarios, I have to work on the formatting/spacing & grammar of each event as well as getting the box to resize appropriately. As you can see it doesn't look very professional at the moment. That's the next job!
Taking a short break from working on Solotra.B. In the mean time I have been working on a new project - a space survival game. I've set myself 3 months to work on this game and will get back to work on Solotra.B
Here some screenshots:
Apart from various minor fixes, I have mainly been working on getting the introduction sequences working and tying some of the elements of my game together.
There is still a huge number of things that I have to fix, redraw, animate and implement in the game but I just have to tackle things one at a time.
Here is a video that shows of the latest work that I have been doing:
I found a program called Alchemy that has a bunch of different tools for drawing. With a few tweaks and setting changes and a couple of shapes drawn with the mouse, I was able to produce a few shapes of spaceships that would give me ideas or be a base for more new ships. Check em out: